Home

Celebrations

Events

Children

Music

Weddings

Special Services

Christmas and
Easter Services

News

Past Sermons

Photo Gallery

About Us

Contact Us

Our Church Today

Holy Trinity retains much of the historical beauty today that it enjoyed back in 1930. One significant change is that the High Altar has now been moved so the priest can face the congregation and be closer to the people.

 

About Holy Trinity Hampton

Holy Trinity Anglican Church Hampton

Located at 10 Thomas Street, Hampton, Holy Trinity Anglican Church welcomes anyone who wants to visit and join in Services, Meditation and social events.

Past vicars of Holy Trinity Hampton

Supplied by Irene Smith

1. H.F.Goss 1915 - 1918
2. W.E.Ramshaw 1918 - 1925
3. M.J.Bennett 1925 - 1926
4. A.Craig 1926 - 1933
5. F.Morton 1933 - 1935
6. E.W.Norman 1935 - 1945
7. A.G.Mee 1945 - 1952
8. T.R.H. Clark 1952 - 1956
9. F.L.Cuttriss 1956 - 1960
10. V.G.Carver 1960 - 1969
11. L.Y.Pace 1969 - 1979
12. Peter Hill 1979 - 1984
13. Roger Featherstone 1985 - 1997
14. Atsushi Shibaoka 1997– 5/1/2003.
15. David Head 2003 – 2012
16. Emmanuel Carrington 2013, followed by various locums in 2014
17. Judith Atkinson 2015 -

History

In the early days of Hampton, Members of the Church of England, as the Anglican Church was known then, went to All Souls', Sandringham. After Holy Trinity Hampton came into being, a timber church was used until the present brick church was completed in 1928. At that time Thomas St was only partly sealed and had bluestone gutters.

The inside of Holy Trinity Hampton in the 1920's or 30's

Holy Trinity Church in 1928 with interior almost finished. No stained glass windows were in place yet.

During the 1930s there were over 300 children forming the Sunday School. The church housed many groups such as the Mothers Union, Young Wives Group, Church of England Boys Society, Girls Friendly Society, Cricket Teams, Tennis Club and Robed Choir.